Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Family Driven Faith - Preface and Intro

When I simply read a book I understand content but it doesn't seem to filter down to my long term memory. I am re-reading Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham and am determined to remember it for future reference so I am just going to write a few note as I go.Preface
"Just as the farmer who expects crops needs to till, plant, water, weed, watch, and pray, the parent who desires to see a harvest in the hear of his or her child must do the same."

Introduction
"Our children are falling away because we are asking the church to do what God designed the family to accomplish. Discipleship and multi-generational faithfulness begins and ends at home. At best, the church is to play a supporting role as it 'equips the saints for the work of the ministry' (Ephesians 4:12)."

Thats it, only a few pages and hopefully I will keep it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment